Ming Zhu Roll
By Makansutra - Friday, Aug 21, 2015
•2 pieces Tau Po
• Mushroom, soaked and sliced (Soaked and sliced)
• 2 pieces Ham, sliced (Sliced)
• 2 pieces Prawn, marinated
• 1/2 Salted Egg Yolk
• Chinese Parsley
1. Prepare all ingredients: slice and marinate them.
2. Slice open the Tau Pok and stuff in the ham, salted egg yolk, and marinated prawns, Chinese parsley and mushrooms.
3. Drip few drops of water onto the beancurd skin. Place the stuffed tau pok onto the beancurd skin and roll it up.
4. Steam it for 10 minutes.
5. Once ready, heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the rolls till golden brown.
6. Remove the rolls onto a chopping board and cut each roll into half (horizontally) and serve with some slice cucumbers. Dip it with mayonnaise or sambal chilli for oomph.